Q. What size is the Mermaid Tail Blanket PATTERN ONLY written for?
A. The Mermaid Tail Blanket PATTERN ONLY comes in 5 sizes Infant, Toddler, Child, Teen, and Adult
Q. What are the size measurements for the Mermaid Tail Blanket PATTERN ONLY?
A. The pattern runs a little small by US standards.The sack portion is the part intended to fit the whole wearer and the fin is largely decorative. The sizing is as follows
- Infant one-size is best suited for newborn-6 month at the waist and the sack portion is about 18 inches long.
- Toddler’s one-size should fit up to size 5T waist and the sack portion is about 30 inches long.
- Children’s one size should fit up to girl’s size 14 in the waist and is about 34 inches long.
- Teen’s one-size should fit up to a Junior’s size 14 in the waist and is about 42 inches long
- Adult’s one-size should fit up to about a 30 inch hip and is about 45 inches long.
Q. What are the parenthesis all about in the Mermaid Tail Blanket PATTERN ONLY?
A. The parenthesis hold the different numbers for each size. As the sizes get larger, they also get longer (more row repeats) and wider around (more pattern repeats) they get.
So when you see Ch 22(46,70,94,118) it is telling you to chain more or less based on the size you are making.For example if you’re making an adult size you’ll chain 118 to start, but if you’re making a child size you’ll only want to chain 70.
When you see Round 4 and 5 (11,15,17,21) it is telling you to repeat more rounds based on the size you are making. For example, if you’re making the teen size, you’ll repeat for Rounds 4-17, but if you’re making a toddler size you’ll repeat for Rounds 4-11.
I have found that it is very helpful to circle or highlight the numbers that I am working on when using this pattern to help avoid confusion.
Q. I am working the Mermaid Tail Blanket PATTERN ONLY and I got to a row that says to do the double crochets again. Do I really skip the scales?
A. NO! If you have a pattern with this error, I apologize. You will ALWAYS do a 2dc, ch2 round followed by a scale round.